Received 1 Comment » | View blog reactions
I came up with three different storylines all revolving around this word exercise I did. I was interested in the idea of toying around with past lives, dreams and the supernatural hence this plot.
Note: Everything is simplified in plotlines. I’ll be working on expanding the idea and characters as I progress.
Caelyn used to dream a lot as a child and most of the time, her dreams are either pleasant, or bordering on the supernatural.
One night, as a child, she is told to avoid a man (but his face is not very clear). “You cannot love him.” Caelyn then mysteriously ceases to dream (or at least remember them).
Many years later, she meets Damian, befriends him but is wary of his presence. Somehow she senses an aura of negativity around him. Strangely, she begins to dream again.
Dream 1: Caelyn sees herself as Agneta, a young girl forced into a cold and loveless marriage to a much older man. Having fallen in love with her husband’s brother (Arwin), their affair was discovered and subsequently, Agneta was killed, a punishment for committing adultery. How Arwin appears is still unknown although the image provides her with very general descriptions.
Damian appears to be interested in Caelyn and woos her. Her attempts to ward him off only make him more persistent.
Dream 2: Caelyn sees herself as Reina, a Spanish nobleman’s daugther who fell in love with a childhood friend (Raul). Because of their different class status, Reina is promised to another. The two elope but Raul is killed by her father’s men and she is taken home. On the eve of the wedding, tormented by visions of Raul, Reina kills herself. This time, there is more detail as to how Raul appears but Caelyn can’t put the pieces together.
Caelyn cannot help but be attracted to Damian, but as time goes by and she stops dreaming, Caelyn lets her guard down and they become lovers. On the eve of her wedding, she has a strange yet eerie dream – Death beckons to her and Damian releases her into Death’s arms. She awakes, unsettled.
On the way to the wedding, she gets into an accident and dies in Damian’s arms. It is then that she realizes that it was him she had dreamt of since she was a little girl. “You will be the death of me.”
Dream 1: We see Agneta’s husband visiting a witchdoctor. He places a curse on both Agneta and his brother. “You will want each other, you will love each other but you will never have each other for all eternity.”
Names chosen so far:
First names (Female)
- Jenica (Romanian) – God is gracious
- Caelyn (NA) – Loved forever
- Agneta (Greek, Germanic) – Pure
- Camilla (Italian) – Young, virginal
- Reina (Spanish) – Peaceful, queen
First names (Male)
- Raul (Spanish) – Wolf counselor
- Damian (Greek) – Powerful
- Ian (Celtic/Gaelic) – God is gracious
- Arwin (NA) – Young, prince
- Ardal; Ardgell (Gaelic) – Bravery or prowess
- Bain; Baine (Celtic) – Whiteness, fairness
- Bruyere (French) – A common or heath covered with shrubs
- Metheth; Moutheith (Scots) – A district of Scotland
- Balfour; Balfoir (Scots) – Castle of deliverence/security
- Delafote (French) – From the fleet
- Maigny (French) – A province of France
- Rousseau (French) – Red hair
Now to fit everything together.